Get Rid of Fall Pests
The season is changing and new pests are emerging. Get a head start on winter invaders by pest-proofing your home this fall. Don’t let overwintering pests take over your home! Franklin Pest Solutions teaches you the top 5 steps to keep fall pests out. Read on to learn about common fall invaders and what to do to keep them out.
What’s the deal with stink bugs?
Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs will be back with a vengeance this fall, entering homes and buildings through cracks under windows, baseboards and sliding glass doors. This is an extreme close-up just prior to it slipping indoors. But why? Where did these things come from?! They’re an invasive crop species that came to the U.S. in shipments from other countries. And they’re slowly sweeping across the U.S. from the Northeast corner of the country, where they were initially introduced. Stink bugs are not just annoying, but they’re a smelly nuisance and can cause damage if given the chance to invade interior spaces.
Top 5 Fall Invaders
Below are some of the top fall invaders looking to overwinter in your home. Click on the pest to learn more information on how to identify them.
Keeping Fall Pests Out
Follow these tips from The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) to help minimize the threats that these pests could reek on your home and your health:
- Screen attic vents, openings to chimneys and any other areas that are open to the outdoors, like mail slots and animal doors.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry. Consider using a dehumidifier in these areas.
- Keep kitchen counters clean, store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair lose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Inspect boxes of decorations, package deliveries and grocery bags for pest damage before bringing them indoors.
Keep You Home Protected 365 Days a Year
Looking for a pest solution to keep your home protected all year long? All the pests mentioned in this post are covered by our Healthy Home Maintenance Program. For protection you need and peace of mind you deserve, contact us today. Our professional crew is only a phone call away. 800-GOT-PESTS. A program like Franklin’s Healthy Home Maintenance Program ensures that your home is protected 365 days a year from all the pests listed on the chart below.