The Bug Squad
Who is The Bug Squad?
Hi! We are The Bug Squad of Franklin Pest Solutions. We’re on a mission to encourage young women to pursue careers in science! Did you know that in the pest management industry, only 4% of employees are women?! By encouraging girls to pursue STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) we can change those statistics.
Janelle, Anna, and Ravin (from L to R above)
Franklin Pest Solutions’ Marketing Team is changing that narrative. Whether they’re giving mosquito prevention advice on WLKY or tie-dying t-shirts with campers and naturalist friends at the Dunes Learning Center, The Bug Squad is constantly sharing their passion for community education, public health, and other important topics, like pollinator health awareness.
Where You Can Find Us!
Collectively, we agree that the best part of our jobs is the variety of ways we get to make a positive change in our communities, paving the way for others to follow in our footsteps. 🌻🦋
The Bug Squad is Putting Kids First
Children are our future! Inspiring a child to pursue science today may lead to life-changing future discoveries. The ability to invest in partnerships that reach future scientists and entomologists gives us great pride. Our partners include children’s museums, schools, girl scouts, park districts, zoos, and nature museums. We also keep a continuously growing list of resources for bug-lovers.
Pestworldforkids.org is a great teaching resource organized by grade level by our industry’s National Pest Management Association (NPMA). The site follows education standards from the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) and National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE).
Trying to find an educational way to keep your child engaged or entertained? Check out bug crafts, costumes, and bug activities for kids. Don’t have time to dig through a webpage? Feel free to click on these links and print out the pages directly:
|Buggy Bingo Card|
|Connect the Dots|
What Has The Bug Squad Been Up To?
The three of us have been doing so many amazing things! We love meeting new people and making new friends! And we are here for YOU as a friendly local resource.
- The Bug Squad hosted Girl Scout Spark Days to help scouts earn their Bug badges, Citizen Science badges and STEM career exploration badges. We also had our own badge designed!
- We sponsored a student intern for Purdue University’s Annual Bug Bowl!
- Several of Franklin’s branch offices joined Two Men and a Truck in supporting their project “Movers for Moms”. We collected and donated daily household supplies for women getting back on their feet after tragic circumstances.
- We sponsored street fests, community events, and dog-friendly activities throughout the year.
- We sponsored the Indianapolis Children’s Museum’s Barbie, You Can Be Anything: The Experience exhibit, which was a SMASHING success!
- With friends from the Dunes Learning Center, we made some videos to encourage kids to get out in nature.
- The Bug Squad made some media appearances on CBS, WLKY and other media networks throughout Indiana and Kentucky.
The last couple of years challenged local businesses in many ways, but the Bug Squad at Franklin Pest Solutions didn’t skip a beat when it came to dedication for the communities they serve.
Join in Our Love For Nature
At Franklin Pest Solutions, we put ecosystems above profits.
We’re not anti-bug. Insects play a super important role in our world and ecosystem. And we love learning about what’s cool, what’s fascinating, and even what’s gross in the natural world. Our mission is to share that knowledge.
The Bug Squad loves sharing with the community the fun and fascinating world of insects. We’re committed to protecting your homes, and to protecting the vital role insects play in our ecology.
Check out our videos, and come to an event near you to meet the Bug Squad in person!
Safe For Your Family and Business
We’re licensed, trained, and certified by the Departments of Public Health and Agriculture, using safe, EPA-regulated materials, always.
Attacking Infestations at the Root
We don’t come in spraying. We evaluate the root of your problem, and recommend and enact pre-emptive measures before any chemicals are used.
Assessments Before Any Contracts
Our Customer Care Center walks you through every service, every charge, and every solution before you agree to anything. Our commitment is to you.