Our remedy for clothes moth control
First, contact us. These moths are often confused with indian meal moths, a very common pantry moth pest. It is crucial to properly identify the species of moth, locate the source and devise a solution from there according to the unique environment and situation. Clothing moths can do so much damage, which can be heart-breaking when it happens to sentimental articles.
Prevention is key when it comes to moths
- Before storing any woolen or natural fiber clothes, clean them according to directions. Zippered plastic bags or plastic storage tubs are better than boxes.
- Do not store the bags or tubs in your attic, garage or basement if possible.
- Mothballs leave a strong odor but will help deter fabric pests.
- Use caution when purchasing clothing second-hand. These items could bring unwanted pests like moths into your home.
- Inspect second hand items thoroughly and when in doubt, ask us for help!
How to Identify a Clothes Moth
Cream or white, about 3/8″. Larvae often leave strands of the silk they spin on fabrics.
As their name implies, clothes moths live in clothing, carpets, fabrics and furs. They can fly but usually hide in dark corners or in the folds of fabric. While not particularly dangerous, they can do real damage to clothes and other fabrics.
These moths are able to digest animal hairs and feed on any item made of natural fibers, particularly wool and cashmere.
Is This Your Critter?
Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. We can handle the identification and get you a solution to your problem quickly.
Get a remedy now. Send a message!
He explains everything he does…
“Awesome service! Daniel is great. He explains everything he does and has come back to set more traps for me. I would highly recommend.”
Madeline O. | Homeowner
Safe For Your Family and Business
We’re licensed, trained, and certified by the Departments of Public Health and Agriculture, using safe, EPA-regulated materials, always.
Attacking Infestations at the Root
We don’t come in spraying. We evaluate the root of your problem, and recommend and enact pre-emptive measures before any chemicals are used.
Assessments Before Any Contracts
Our Customer Care Center walks you through every service, every charge, and every solution before you agree to anything. Our commitment is to you.