Cockroaches can lay 10-90 eggs at a time, up to four times a year! If you’ve seen a few in your home chances are high you could be infested and not even realize it! Franklin Pest Solutions makes sure you have your bases covered with professional cockroach prevention tips.
Allergies and Asthma Caused by Bugs
As pollen floats around and swarmer termites find new homes, some people may notice they’re feeling even more itchy inside their homes. It’s easy to brush-off congested breathing on spring allergies but it’s important to know that cockroaches may be to blame. Franklin Pest Solutions provides important cockroach prevention tips to help you protect your health and rid your home of roaches.
“Cockroaches are known to fuel allergy symptoms, especially in children, through the allergens found in their saliva and droppings,” said KC Cox, Branch Manager for Franklin Pest Solutions Lafayette. “These pests love warm, moist areas, so the spring is an ideal time for homeowners to take the time to cockroach-proof their homes and, in turn, help reduce potential household allergy triggers for themselves and their families.”
How to Get Rid of Roaches
Homeowners should take note of the following cockroach prevention tips from the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) this spring:
- Keep the home – especially the kitchen and bathrooms – free of crumbs and debris
- Disinfect counters and food surfaces
- Do not let dirty dishes pile up in the sink – the food leftovers attract cockroaches looking to feed
- Take out trash frequently and store it in a sealed receptacle
- Transfer open boxed food items from cardboard into sturdy, sealed containers
- Throw away foods that have passes their expiration dates
- Keep pet food in a sealed container and wash pet bowls frequently
- Vacuum at least once a week using a vacuum with a HEPA filter
- Dust hard surfaces frequently with a dust rag or damp cloth
- Maintain the humidity level in the house at about 50% by properly ventilating basements an crawl spaces; consider running a dehumidifier to prevent moisture build up
“As a good rule of thumb, be sure to keep homes as clean as possible since cockroaches love filthy environments,” said KC Cox. “But if these pests do find their way into your home, controlling them is best left to the professionals.”
Guarantee your home is free of pests with Franklin Pest Solutions’ Healthy Home Maintenance Program(HHMP). This wonderful program doesn’t just get rid of roaches, it covers all the pests listed below!With HHMP, if any pests are spotted between your quarterly treatments, Franklin professionals will come and address the issue free of charge. HHMP+Sentricon covers all the pest mentioned above plus termites.