It’s spring! Hurry up and enjoy it before we bounce back into winter. Spring is a great time to clean the house and purge the things that you haven’t been using. As you go through closets, attics, and basements you may find some springtime pests lurking in nooks and crannies. Franklin Pest Solutions has spring cleaning pest prevention tips to help you strengthen your pest-proofing. It’s hard to believe it’s been spring for over a month, and even more difficult to accept that it’s still necessary to keep snow scrapers handy. As the weather warms up you may notice more pests around your house, but have no fear, Franklin Pest Solutions has the spring cleaning tips you need to keep pests out.
“The warmer weather often leads to greater pest activity, so homeowners shouldn’t be surprised if they start to notice more ants, termites, cockroaches and other pests in and around their homes as the season progress,” said Janelle Iacccino, from Franklin Pest Solutions. “Practicing good sanitation and proper upkeep in the home are essential steps in protecting against the health and property threats posed by these common springtime pests, which is why we encourage homeowners to consider pest-proofing in between wiping down the windows and changing the sheets.”
Spring Cleaning Tips to Keep Pests Out
Franklin Pest Solutions and the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) have put together the following spring cleaning tips to help you stay healthy and protected:
- Seal up cracks and small openings along the foundation of the house.
- Clean out clogged gutters and downsprouts to ensure they are properly functioning.
- Repair loose mortar and replace worn weather-stripping around all windows and doors.
- Screen window and doors.
- Cut back tree branches and other plants from the house.
- Keep kitchens clean by wiping down counters, sinks, floors and shelves.
- Store food in airtight containers clean and sealed, both indoors and outdoors.
- Empty the garbage frequently.
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water from leaky pipes or faucets.
Eliminating food sources and entry points are great first steps towards getting pests out. If do-it-yourself pest control is not getting the job done, reach out to your helpful friends at Franklin Pest Solutions for some expert help.