9 Tips to Keep Rodents Out As Fall Pushes Pests Indoors
The National Pest Management Association has declared October 18th-24th Rodent Awareness week. So, this means we will be unloading all types of facts, tips, memes and more on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! Get your home ready for fall pests with help from Franklin.
This July, Advanced Symbolics Inc. conducted a study that showed that 11 million online engagements took place on the topic of rodents disrupting your homes’ health. In addition, the same research also revealed a 16 percent increase in rodent sightings. The rodents are out, about and trying to get in! NPMA and Franklin Pest Solutions want to make sure that the health and integrity of your home is protected and stays strong through the colder months.
Lucky for you, Franklin Pest Solutions has been protecting northwest Indiana and southern Michigan since the Great Depression, warding off mice, rats, bugs, you name it! So, we definitely know a thing or two about unwanted pests and the best effective remedies. Getting your house prepared for fall pests will help ensure that everything is order to keep winter pests out. Continue reading below to learn the identifying signs of rodent issues, how to get rid of rodents, and what preventive measures you can take to keep your home rodent-free.
Identifying the Source and Protecting Your Home From Rodents
The infographic below identifies the key signs of a rodent infestation in progress along with a few proactive tips.
9 Tips to Keep Rodents Out
In addition to the tips on the infographic above, we also have a few additional points of rodent interest listed in the tips below:
- Seal any cracks or crevices with an appropriate sealant, paying close attention to where utilities and pipes entire the home
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows
- Keep basements and attics clean and dry and store boxes off of the floor
- Screen all vents, windows, doors and chimneys
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home and five feet off the ground
- Keep shrubbery and tree branches cut back from the house
- Eliminate all moisture sites around the home, including leaking pipes and clogged drains
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage outdoors regularly
- Contact a licensed pest control professional if an infestation is suspected
Are you looking for extra support in keeping rodents out? Give us a call at 1-800-GOT-PESTS? Our knowledgeable team ready to help get to the root of the problem. Protect your home from rats, mice, and 10+ more common invaders all year with our Healthy Home Maintenance Program (HHMP). Four scheduled visits, once every three months, and any issues between visits is handled free of charge. Our customer service speaks for itself. With Franklin Pest Solutions’ expertise, you’re in good hands.