End of the Holidays
As you begin to pack up decorations around your home, Franklin Pest Solutions lends some seasonal tips for pest-proofing. As you entertain guests this season, be sure that your home is protected from unwanted pests.
Keep Seasonal Pests at Bay
Hopefully you survived the holiday without infesting your home with natural pine wood. To ensure that your pest-proofing is up to code, Franklin Pest Solutions has listed the following tips from the National Pest Management Association (NMPA):
- Store holiday decoration properly: Boxes of decor can be great nesting spots for pests, so be sure to seal up all decorations in tight, impenetrable containers until next year.
- Maintain a clean kitchen: Pests are enticed by food sources, so regularly wiping down the kitchen and ensuring all food is stored in sealed containers is crucial to avoid drawing pests’ attention to the home.
- Seal any gaps: Many pests can fit through small cracks or crevices in the home, making it important to use sealing materials like caulk to close off any entry points.
- Store firewood properly: Woodpiles can e an attractive home to many pests and should therefore be stored at least 20 feet away from the home an thoroughly examined before bringing in doors.
- Be mindful of the home’s exterior: Remove any nearby debris or leaves that could serve as shelter for pests or create a source of standing water for pests to quench their thirst.
- Partner with Rose Pest Solutions for proper, ongoing maintenance.
TOTAL PROTECTION IS AN OPTION!
Our Healthy Home Maintenance Program (HHMP) is a permanent answer to keeping your home pest-free 365 days a year. Visit us at www.franklinpestsolutions.com To get a free quote. Check out our seasonal Pest Gazette for more information on winter pests that may be taking up real-estate in your home.