CELEBRATE NATIONAL PEST MANAGEMENT MONTH WITH PEST-PROOFING ADVICE FROM THE EXPERTS
Franklin Pest Solutions Indiana encourages homeowners to take precautions against common household pests
April is National Pest Management Month, a public observance by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) recognized by Chase’s Calendar of Events, that celebrates the pest management industry for its commitment to the protection of public health, food and property from common household pests. It’s also the ideal time to start thinking about home pest control Indiana. Prepare your homes and help thwart those pesky spring and summer pest invasions. During the month-long observance, Franklin Pest Solutions Michigan City, encourages homeowners to take stock of the conditions in and around homes and eliminate any harborage points that could attract pests over the next few months.
“National Pest Management Month occurs during a time when homeowners begin to notice an increase in pests, such as ants, termites, mosquitoes and other stinging insects,” said Dave Sloop, Franklin Pest Solutions Michigan City Branch Manager. “It’s the perfect opportunity for homeowners to complete simple home improvement projects like screening windows and proper landscape techniques that will help keep pests outdoors where they belong.” Besides adding those items to your spring cleaning list to do in the next couple weeks, think about looking into preventative home pest control Indiana. It’s more affordable than you might think! And it’s guaranteed all year ’round.
NPMA experts recommend the following tips for home pest control Indiana this spring:
- Seal any cracks on the outside of the home with a silicone-based caulk, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well-trimmed and away from the house.
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation.
- Eliminate sources of standing water around the house, including birdbaths and in clogged gutters.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Avoid leaving pet’s food dishes out for long periods of time.
- Contact a licensed pest professional if an infestation is suspected.
For more information on common household pests or more pest-proofing tips, please visit Franklin’s pest library.