January has ended, but many people are still trying to get their New Year’s resolutions set in stone. Franklin Pest Solutions would like to remind you that a healthy life includes a pest-free home. Provide the environment you need to support your goals by adding pest-proofing to your list of resolutions.
Nothing feels better than getting home and putting your feet up… unless your home happens to be infested with roaches, mice, or any other pest that might beat you to your footrest. Don’t let irritating pests cramp your style. To save you time from a wormhole of Google searches, Franklin Pest Solutions is here with the tips you need to keep your home pest free throughout the year.
Winter Pests Require Prevention, Too!
Pest proofing is necessary all year long. Different hazardous pests rear their heads in every season, and it’s up to homeowners to prepare their homes with proper pest-proofing ahead of the season’s change in order to protect both their properties and health.
Preventative Steps to Keep Pests Out
To help keep life moving smoothly as you juggle resolutions, Franklin Pest Solutions recommends the following tips from the National Pest Management Association (NPMA):
- Store holiday decorations properly: Boxes of decor can be great nesting spots for pests, so be sure to seal up all decorations in tight, impenetrable containers until next year.
- Maintain a clean kitchen: Pest are enticed by food sources, so regularly wiping down the kitchen and ensuring all food is stored in sealed containers is crucial to avoid drawing pests’ attention to the home.
- Seal any gaps: Many pests can fit through small cracks or crevices in the home, making it important to use sealing materials like caulk to close off an entry points.
- Store firewood properly: Woodpiles can be an attractive home to many pests and should therefore be stored at least 20 feet away from the home and thoroughly examined before bringing indoors.
- Be mindful of the home’s exterior: Remove any nearby debris or leaves that could serve as shelter for pests or create a source of standing water for pests to quench their thirst.
- Partner with Franklin Pest Solutions for proper, ongoing maintenance.
Realizing you have pests can be overwhelming, but we will help you take the next steps towards protecting your health and your home! With our Healthy Home Maintenance Program (HHMP) and Healthy Home Plus Sentricon for termites, we can help you say “good-bye” to your pest issues 365 days a year. Call us at 1-800-GOT-PESTS anytime.