Looking Towards the Future
2020 felt like the longest year ever. As trying as the pandemic was, it evoked many shared occurrences that bonded us as a world. From impersonal debates like whether or not Carole Baskins did it, to the deep-rooted conversations of racial justice, this year made us closely inspect our values and privileges. As if a global pandemic wasn’t enough, we survived national disasters, political strife, and murder hornets! Even though we are unsure of what’s ahead, we know that we will get through it, together. Pandemic changes to our day-to-day life also had a ripple effect into the pest world. As restaurants closed their doors and tourist hot-spots turned into ghost towns, cannibalistic rats ran the empty streets of New Orleans. Have no fear! As the pest world adapts, so does Franklin Pest Solutions. As your protectors of health since 1929, Franklin will continue protecting homes and business from health threats.
Essential Workers Rise to Duty
While some of us stayed home mourning canceled plans, essential heroes rose to fulfill their promised duties of servitude. In a time full of uncertainty and fear, we would like to honor those that kept our vital businesses open: Healthcare facilities, maintenance crews, grocery store workers, and more. The pandemic put a spotlight on what we deem necessary. For Franklin Pest Solutions, health has always been our first priority. Franklin Pest Solutions has remained at the forefront of the pandemic since day one. Being essential guardians of public health and our environment, our doors have remained open and our staff has been dedicated to serving our community. To help keep local businesses safe and healthy, we’ve also added Virus Sanitation Solutions to our menu of services.
We invest time, hard work and continuous education to assure that those we serve maintain good health. While working to help neutralize the threat of COVID-19, we have also maintained our day-to-day efforts of protecting homes and businesses from everyday pests. There’s enough to worry about in the outside world. Now more than ever, your home should be a healthy, safe place away from pest- or virus-related health threats.
Keep Pests Out of Your New Year
Start your new year off, right. We’ve compiled a list of helpful tips from the NPMA (National Pest Management Association) that will get you started in the right direction.
- Store holiday decorations properly: Opt for plastic containers with tight-fitting lids to keep pests from infesting decor while in storage.
- Keep your kitchen clean: Wipe down counters after cooking to clear them of crumbs and food debris. Dispose of garbage regularly and store food in airtight containers to prevent pest entry.
- Seal gaps in windows and doors: Install door sweeps and seal any gaps on exterior doors. Be sure to also seal any cracks and crevices on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter.
- Properly store firewood: Keep it at least 20 feet away from the home and five feet off of the ground to avoid attracting pests.
- Manicure your yard: Remove any dead bushes, branches and fallen leaves from the yard that could act as shelter for rodents, ticks and other pests.
- Eliminate moisture build-up: Repair leaking faucets or pipes and divert water away from the house with functioning downspouts and gutters to eliminate moisture, as this can attract pests.
We are here to help you maintain a happy, healthy, pest-free home. For protection you need all year ’round, and peace of mind you deserve, contact us today. 800-GOT-PESTS? Our dedicated team is only a call or click away!