Seasons are changing and that means we’re all looking for shelter from the cold. This includes those pesky rodents that always make an appearance when the flying insects stop pestering us. But that doesn’t mean you have to share your warm and cozy spaces during the holidays.
• Droppings. Typically left behind in kitchen cabinets and pantries, along walls, on top of wall studs or beams, near nests, and in boxes, bags, old furniture and other objects.
• Noises. Rodents often make scurrying sounds, especially at night as they move about and nest.
• Gnaw marks. Newly gnawed areas tend to be rough to the touch and are light in color.
• Tracks/footprints. These along with tail marks are easily found in areas where rodents travel.
• Burrows. Inside, rodents often nest in various materials such as insulation, and they prefer nesting areas that are dark and secluded.
• Damaged food packages. Mice prefer seeds or cereals while Norway rats prefer meat, fish and dry dog food.
If you find any of these warning signs, or your just worried about pests in the home, contract Franklin to schedule a new service or upgrade your existing Healthy Home Maintenance plan for rodent control using the buttons below: